Encouraging neighbors to be FOR each other & FOR our community…
You can be #forSalem
Ways you can be for your neighbors wherever you are!
Pay it Backward
- Pay for the car behind you in a drive-thru.
- Leave an encouragement card with the attendant to pass on.
- Wave or honk as you drive off; we even have #forSalem car-decals for your back window.
Be a Good Neighbor
- Start with learning their names… drawing and labeling a neighborhood map helps.
- Do the things you’d do in your backyard or inside in the front yard instead. Be available and present.
- Host a block party or neighborhood clean-up.
- Organize a street-directory, complete with email addresses, names of pets and kids.
- Make a new neighbor welcome packet!
Enjoy Local Eateries
- Ask or use your server’s name when they first take your order, then use their name throughout the meal.
- If you’re a praying person, ask if they have needs you can pray for when you get your meal.
- Leave an extra-generous tip when you’re done.
- Let them know you’re #forSalem and that they matter by leaving an encouragement card on the table!
- Help another person take back their grocery cart.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line or pay for someone’s small items.
- Leave an encouragement card in their shopping bag or cart.
- Hide a few bucks and an encouragement card in some merchandise. Involve your kids if you have ’em and make it a game.
- Put a five dollar bill and a “snacks are on me!” note in your Redbox DVD return.
- If you don’t want to do cash, add a small gift card in the DVD case.
- Use the #forSalem encouragement card and maybe include 2 and they’ll pass one along!
Get Your For Salem Swag
Send us a note if you’d like to get some For Salem cards to pass along! Use the contact form at the bottom of the page.
Pictured above: encouragement cards (packs of 10), wristbands (adult & youth sizes), yard signs, t-shirts, and car decals.
Plugging In To What’s Happening
Local Salem Resources
Get Involved in what’s already going on around you – here are some local links! A great way to be #forSalem!
Following #forSalem & #forKeizer
Explore the Social Media tags and be sure to spread the love by tagging your own stories of being for Salem!
Want to find out more about being for Salem? Have ideas for us to add? Want to represent with some #forSalem swag? Send us a note!